Explore the south of France and indulge on region’s wine and cuisine while on an 8-day Uniworld River Cruise. You will cruise the Rhône and Saône rivers on this river cruise meant for hist buffs, gastronomes and wine connoisseurs. Uniworld Cruises were named the World’s Best River Cruise Line by Travel + Leisure.
Why Choose a Uniword River Cruise?
- Unsurpassed Luxury and personalized industry-leading service
- Enjoy exquisite regionally inspired cuisine and wines
- A focus on well-being for mind, body & spirit
- Boutique Ships that are one-of-a-kind, with its own distinctive theme and color palette, original art and sumptuous furnishings and antiques
Highlights of a French River Cruise to Burgundy & Provence
Arles & Tarascon – Explore one of two sun-drenched Provençal towns. Arles is the inspiration for many Vincent van Gogh works and Tarascon is home to many medieval sites including a 12th-century church and a 15th-century castle.
Avignon – See the Palace of the Popes and kayak under a 2,000-year-old Roman aqueduct.
Viviers – Experience an authentic French village and visit with the locals.
Tournon (Tain-l’Hermitage), Lyon – Explore the twin villages of Tournon and Tain-l’Hermitage with a guided walk or a more vigorous vineyard hike. Either way you will have a chance to taste wonderful local wines made from Syrah grapes.
Lyon – Lyion is the epicenter of French gastronomy. You will have a chance to sample the culinary delights or see the city from the extensive bike paths.
Mâcon (Beaune) – The capital of the region’s wine trade, Beaune, is renowned for its history, beauty and highly prized wine.
What is Included on Your Uniworld River Cruise
• All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
• Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
• Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
• 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
• Guided “Let’s Go,” “Do as the Locals Do” and “Village Day” programs
• State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
• Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
• Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
• All gratuities, both onboard and onshore
Ready to Choose Your own Cruise Adventure?
Be sure to give luxury travel advisor, Margi Arnold a call to discuss your river cruise in France. With over 25-years’ experience in the travel industry Margi, is an expert that will help you personalize your trip and will ensure a worry-free vacation. Start by completing a vacation request or call Margi at 888-568-4432.