Are you planning to travel next year? It is important to make sure your passport is valid. Many countries require your passport to be valid for 6 months after your return date.
If your passport is expiring in the next year or so, now is the time to renew! Processing times can change throughout the year but standard service can take 6-9 weeks and expedited service can take 3-5 weeks.
How to Renew your Passport By Mail
If you meet certain conditions, you can renew your passport by mail.
You can renew your passport by mail if:
- you have your existing undamaged passport in your possession
- you were 16 years or older when you were issued your passport
- Your passport was issued within the last 15 years
- your passport was issued in your current name. You may be able to renew online if you have supporting documents for the name change.
To renew your passport by mail you will need:
- A completed DS-82 form.
- Your most recent U.S. passport.
- Name change documents (if necessary).
- A passport photo
- A check or money order for the fee.
For complete instructions on renewing your passport by mail visit the US State Department website.
Expedited Passport Service
If you find yourself in need of a passport urgently you can make an appointment at a Regional Passport Agency. Travel is considered urgent under two conditions:
- If you need to travel within 3 business days due to an emergency such as a serious illness, injury, or death in your immediate family.
- If you have proof of urgent international travel within two weeks. (for example, purchased airline or cruise tickets).
Non-urgent Expedited Passport
You may also request a non-urgent expedited passport for an additional fee. Like standard passports, expedited processing times can vary throughout the year, so it is best to check wait times before
Travel with Confidence
Have questions about traveling next year? Contact luxury travel advisor Margi Arnold. With over 32 years’ of experience in the travel industry, Margi is an expert that will help you personalize your trip and will ensure a worry-free vacation. Start by completing a vacation request or call Margi at 303-694-8786.