As of January 26th, there are new restrictions for all US-bound international travelers. If you’re traveling back to the United States from abroad, you must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
What You Need to Know
- Only Viral Tests (PCR and Antigen) are accepted
- You will need proof of results (electronic or paper)
- You will still need a negative test even if vaccinated.
- Your test must have been taken no more than three days before your flight to the U.S. departs
- A negative test is required for all travelers 2 years and older
There are Some Limited Special Exceptions
- You have recovered from Covid-19 in the past 3 months (documentation is required)
- You get a negative test (travel and return within 3 days
- You are flying from a US territory American Samoa, Guam Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands
- You are arriving via land border from Canada or Mexico
Commonly Asked Questions
What if I have a connecting flight in the U.S. but will not be staying?
If you are flying into the US for any reason, you are required to have a negative COVID-19 test.
What happens if my flight is delayed and the three days since testing lapses?
You will need to be retested for COVID-19 if the delay causes your test to fall outside of the three-day testing window.
I am traveling within the US, do I need a negative test?
No, at this time negative tests are only required for international travel into the US.
How do I get tested while I am outside the US?
Many airlines are rolling out testing for US travelers, or are working with local providers to help facilitate COVID-19 tests for travelers that are looking to travel to destinations that require testing. Many hotels are starting to offer COVID-19 testing.
If you are traveling soon you will want to take note and save it for reference. I am here for you if you have any specific questions.
Travel with Confidence
Worried about traveling during COVID-19? Contact luxury travel advisor Margi Arnold to find out how to safely travel during these unprecedented times. With over 32-years’ experience in the travel industry, Margi is an expert that will help you personalize your trip and will ensure a worry-free vacation. Start by completing a vacation request or call Margi at 303-694-8786.